Skip to content

Prevent illness and accidents abroad

  • by

You’re planning a holiday abroad, but you are worried about what will happen to you if something goes wrong? Take it easy, with this advice you will spend a pleasant vacation and stay safe.

spend pleasant vacation

The European Health Insurance Card
If you have decided to go out in your European neighbors, it is essential that you make an application for a European health insurance card from your CPAM. Valid for one year across the European Union, plus Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, it will allow you not to advance money for hospitalization or illness, or be paid directly on place.

For other countries, check with your health insurance company to see if an agreement was signed.

Insurance and other security safeguards
For a peaceful stay abroad, little vacation advice, be sure to contact the various partners that can help you in case of accident or illness. Check your insurance policy with your insurer to see if the repatriation, medical expenses or extension of stay in hospital are taken into account.

Do not forget to contact your bank, because the insurance related to your credit card are often very interesting. However, they only work if you purchased your travel with the card.

In any case, know that embassies and consulates can also be of great help to prevent your family or facilitate administrative procedures, so please contact them in case of problems!